Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dawn Chorus Day


TV back...out in the Sahara....about Rhinos on Animal Planet...rock drawing of rhino...oh..Wild Kingdom...


I read about the Dawn Chorus in the Chronicle..I think...a few weeks back...and was much taken with the story...as every Memorial Day when I get up before dawn for my hike...the Birds in the backyard...are singing and give me a send off!...and I filed away to look Dawn Chorus up...and last night after posting...I looked it up...and lo and behold...May Fourth is Dawn Chorus Day!....so I got up at four am and did...what I suppose everybody does to celebrate this day...listen for the Birds....it's a neat thing to do...and very glad I found the tale...brb...


quotes



Dawn chorus of birds makes spring really sing
Jerry George
Saturday, April 12, 2008


If you want to experience one of the great treats of nature, take yourself to any tree-shrouded waterway an hour before sunrise. Don't cheat on the time. The chorus is best experienced when you hear the whole show.




International Dawn Chorus Day is the worldwide celebration of Nature's daily Miracle. This year there will be more opportunities than ever to join in the excitement. In the run up to the event events from all over the world and across the UK will be listed on this website, so visit us regularly to see what's planned in your area.




unquotes


I was a little late!...to register...but will be better prepared next time!...now...I'm curious what'a up in blogdom and youtubers...Dawn Chorus wise...brb...oh..now I have note telling I'm unhooked from blogger...now it's saved!...hehe..anyway..brb....well...here's one blog...this is really cool by the way that the blogs are reporting!...search google blogger "dawn chorus"...




I'll have a look at youtube now and grab one!...brb...well...that one's not so simple...there's a song titled Dawn Chorus that skews the search...dawn chorus birds youtube brings things up...and this one has more links...I'd like to find just a little one to link!...




well...I'll just link myself!...




but let me find someones'...brb...


oh...this is very good!


quote


hen American explorers Lewis and Clark navigated the Columbia River in 1805, they first heard the roar of the Pacific Ocean 29 km from the coast--a distance so great that many historians have questioned its accuracy. No such doubts trouble Gordon Hempton, a 45-year-old professional sound collector who won an Emmy Award in 1992 for his Vanishing Dawn Chorus, a recording of the sounds of sunrise from around the globe.


A Voice Crying In The Wilderness
By DAN CRAY /LOS ANGELES




here's link to Hempton's site...




brb...here's one...finally!




went to youtube...then searched...dawn chorus birds...of course there's some others!


well...I could go on..but sleepy!
DavidDavid


No comments: