Friday, May 9, 2008

Year Blogs

I...dont have a direction any more...no compass point for the blog...insomuch I've pretty much wrapped up the Souvenir...ekphrasis...posts...I thought to run them out for a year...and overshot a bit...



Doing year blogs...y'know...a post everyday for a year...has become a kinda thing to do...though I had no idea such things were in the works when I started...mostly it looks to be photogs over in sites like Flkr that are tasking themselves with doing a photo a day...



In my art classes a refrain by the teacher was that each of us should keep a sketch journal...doing a sketch a day...I did do that...for one semester...and it was just one or two days a week...but I have the journal still...a kinda treasure...and since it has so much to do with being how I got from there to here...I'll scan it in...and maybe task myself for real that sketch a day ordeal!



For now Tree in the Door posts will be kinda sporadic...I have some mundane tasks to do...like housecleaning...going to the Optometrist..and a Giants baseball game next week!



Fauna and Flora...as I suspected it would..has taken on a life of it's own..."It tasks me, Ahab!"



One should be so lucky to have such a task!..

quote

By heavens man, we are turned round and round in this world, like yonder windlass, and fate is the handspike.

unquote

DavidDavid









'

No comments: