Sunday, April 20, 2008

Roomies


Rybeck was on the Missouri again...and now another one on about some awful thing....where's the remote...brb...csi miami...sigh..it's sunday...




kinda at a loss for a thought!...oh...youtube...I've thought to youtube the clips...in fact tried that...but they link the clips to other clips...almost like an ad...and it pulls around the readers attention....fortunately blogger just does the clip without all that...nonetheless it's been suggested I youtube!...it would be nice when talking about a clip to say it's on youtube...I dont tell or ask or suggest to anyone to read Tree in the Door...a blog is kinda like a diary left out...




oh..it's cannibilism again...oh...there's an old thought!...roomies...from the very first I've thought to do a side by side by side of famous folk and their roommates...the most famous of course is Ishmael and Queequig...brb...




quote




With much interest I sat watching him. Savage though he was, and hideously marred about the face- at least to my taste- his countenance yet had a something in it which was by no means disagreeable. You cannot hide the soul. Through all his unearthly tattooings, I thought I saw the traces of a simple honest heart; and in his large, deep eyes, fiery black and bold, there seemed tokens of a spirit that would dare a thousand devils. And besides all this, there was a certain lofty bearing about the Pagan, which even his uncouthness could not altogether maim. He looked like a man who had never cringed and never had had a creditor. Whether it was, too, that his head being shaved, his forehead was drawn out in freer and brighter relief, and looked more expansive than it otherwise would, this I will not venture to decide; but certain it was his head was phrenologically an excellent one. It may seem ridiculous, but it reminded me of General Washington's head, as seen in the popular busts of him. It had the same long regularly graded retreating slope from above the brows, which were likewise very projecting, like two long promontories thickly wooded on top. Queequeg was George Washington cannibalistically developed.








unquote




That's just great. Who else...Van Gogh and Gauguin...brb...




quote




They quarrelled fiercely about art. Van Gogh felt an increasing fear that Gauguin was going to desert him, and what he described as a situation of "excessive tension" reached a crisis point on 23 December 1888, when Van Gogh stalked Gauguin with a razor and then cut off the lower part of his own left ear lobe, which he wrapped in newspaper and gave to a prostitute named Rachel in the local brothel, asking her to "keep this object carefully."[








unquote




That's Van Gogh!




Pop lost an ear lobe....playing on the floor with Buffy our dog...toenail got caught and Buffy went off...snipped the lobe off clean...Pop raised his hand and I just said, 'Stop'....this from the couch lying side wise watching TV!...and we all caught our senses and well...it was Fourth of July in the emergency room...there was a long line...great pic of Pop holding Buffy when a puppy by his cheek....and all worked out...make up sloppy kisses with Buffy.... but it was a precursor of things to come doctor wise...but this is an aside...who else!...brb...oh...grumpy old men...brb...




quote




Oscar Madison: I can't take it anymore, Felix, I'm cracking up. Everything you do irritates me. And when you're not here, the things I know you're gonna do when you come in irritate me. You leave me little notes on my pillow. Told you 158 times I can't stand little notes on my pillow. "We're all out of cornflakes. F.U." Took me three hours to figure out F.U. was Felix Ungar!
Felix Ungar: In other words, you're throwin' me out.


Oscar Madison: Not in other words. Those are the perfect ones!








unquote




I'll maybe add some more sometime...and do one on co-workers!
DavidDavid








No comments: