Thursday, February 28, 2008

Crystal Creature




NBA was on...now the post game...TV is back....




from last nite:...I think it was Omni with the information universe story...brb...I think the cover has a dissolving butterfly...if I could find a site with the covers I could find it....if I have the right magazine...it's not published anymore...




which reminds me of the opening scene of the first Star Wars movie...the back end of the Arrow Head shaped starships...there was a science fiction book...ace double maybe...or a monthly...like Analog...that had just this scene with arrowhead ships...I used to draw them!...this is like junior high or earlier...I was smitten with that opening when I first saw Star Wars..I've tried to find it...going through Ace double covers...and there's another old memory I've done this with...the Crystal Creature story in Amazing Comics...I think!...as I've gone through those covers too...there's one I found...but not the right one...this creature was fun to draw too...it's how I spent much of my time I'm afraid in early school...drawing dinosaurs and ships and planes and such!...brb...no..the Oil Demons aren't the one...but looks like a cool plot!!...but...wait...here I found the Crystal Creature!...it was Detective Comics and Batman...search "crystal creature" at this site brought it up...




and that is very cool!
The Crystal Creature was created by an atomic radiation leak...and had an insatiable hunger for metal...I think I have that right...I'll have to get that old comic!...it was like one of the last I bought as a kid..I just grew out of them...started reading books...I might grow back into them!...collecting is fun...I'm still after nabisco cereal dinosaurs..but the last second bidding takes them out of reach!...apparently there's a program that will make these bids.


DavidDavid
Tree in the Door

No comments: