Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Everest


For fifty thousand dollars I guess one can go...plus transport and gear and all...it's been on several nights...tonight a recap hosted by the Amazing Race host..."it" being a series about climbers struggling up Everest....

It's a great challenge, and an accomplishment...and I dont want to belittle it...but it reminds me of the climb up the cables of Half Dome when they show the line up going to the top...

And the other thing it reminds me of...well...all their mountain sickness and high altitude problems are reminiscent of what really old people go through!! And seriously, I've thought on this...growing old can be thought of as an ascent, rather than a descent...an ascent not unlike climbing Everest!!

Short of breath, missing toes, denial, delirium, etc....
Snagged pic from wikipedia. On the web sites, one can follow along with the expeditions.



No comments: