Friday, November 9, 2007

The Quickening


The Osprey gets the Flounder....Animal Planet is on...started with Fooled by Nature...that's fun.....Osprey shaking off water in flight!...neat clips...maybe I will get one of those camcorders!!....I dunno...I was even looking at motorcycles...

I was thinking on the way birds flock...it was one of the Fooled by Nature Clips...and it was explained that each bird watches, or senses somehow, it's neighbor, and there is just that response repeated through the flock that makes the shoaling...there's a lesson in that!!

Anyway, I was wondering if the shoaling shapes may be influenced by subtle pressure changes in the air from all the wings flapping....and if that could happen with shoaling fish too....today with the wind down by the Creek the leaves would shoal...chase one another across the gravel....or twirl in small dust devil like swirls....

And then on MSN News I find out about oil spill in San Francisco Bay...and wonder how that will play out.

California's is getting horsed around, first the fires, now this spill. Shades of Enron and Election Time...the electrical power scandal.

Oh, great, Hitchcock's The Birds is on...I haven't seen that since I was a kid.

"war against humanity"

"get yourself gun and wipe them off the face of the earth....they're messy animals..."

"it's the end of the world"

"a few birds acted strange"

Actually, the little birds of different species hereabouts will flock together!
The "quickening" I think Art Bell called it...when the animals take things in hand!

If I remember right, it's set in Northern California...

DavidDavid
Tree in the Door
Nov. 9, 2007

No comments: