Saturday, March 22, 2008

Flower of Life







On a morning photog walk with a friend, they pointed out this flower pattern on a sawn log...I've never seen anything like this!...on a sawn log I mean...and it's six fold symmetry...plants are usually five...this was Thursday and I had just seen something like this searching out the Osirion at Abydos in Egypt...seems there is Greek graffitti on the lintels...and the graffitti is the image of something known as the "Flower of Life"...brb...here's link to Osirion story...which I think I linked before!




They're digging around for King Solomon's palace...the stables at Maggido...of the Armegeddon tale!...


gosh!...this Flower of Life drawing has been gone over by everyone...I could spend the rest of the night exploring wiki's links...




Somewhere in all this is should be the Flower done with solid three dimensional spheres...I got to playing around with my billiards balls...I had my own set to play with in on the rec pool table!...and they can be made to form up like the Flower...but since Solomon is on...lemegothere!...brb...


but a step back!


quote


Fruit of Life
The "Fruit of Life" symbol is composed of 13 circles taken from the design of the Flower of Life.[2][35]
The Fruit of Life is said to be the blueprint of the universe, containing the basis for the design of every atom, molecular structure, life form, and everything in existence.[2][25] It contains the geometric basis for the delineation of Metatron's Cube, which brings forth the platonic solids.


unquote


The game of pool has thirteen balls...twelve and the cue!...when I was horsing around with them I had in mind the pyramidions on the Pyramids...and gold...and well...they say atoms are like little balls...so I was just seeing what kinda a geometries the balls could make!...but to Solomon...and his seal...brb..


but wait again...


quote


The akashic records (akasha is a Sanskrit word meaning "sky", "space" or "aether") is a term from Hinduism that was incorporated into theosophy denoting a collection of mystical knowledge encoded in a non-physical plane of existence. The records are supposed to contain all knowledge, including all human experience, of the history of the cosmos. The akashic records are metaphorically described as a library and are also likened to a universal computer or the 'Mind of God'. The records are supposed to be constantly updated and it is claimed that they can be accessed through astral projection. The concept originated in the theosophical movements of the 19th Century, and remains prevalent in New Age discourse.


unquote


but onward...


quote


In Medieval Jewish, Christian and Islamic legends, the Seal of Solomon was a magical signet ring said to have been possessed by King Solomon, which variously gave him the power to command demons (or jinni), or to speak with animals.




unquote


The pentagram has long been associated with the planet Venus, and the worship of the goddess Venus, or her equivalent. It is also associated with the Roman word lucifer, which was a term used for Venus as the Morning Star, associated with the bringer of light and knowledge. It is most likely to have originated from the observations of prehistoric astronomers.[3] When viewed from Earth, successive inferior conjunctions of Venus plot a nearly perfect pentagram shape around the zodiac every eight years.[4]




unquote


The Seal is the Star of David..but sometimes..I guess the pentagram too...which is what I had it as...that Venus bit a curio!!


quote


The Greek Classical Elements (Earth, Water, Air, Fire, and sometimes also "Idea") date from pre-Socratic times and persisted throughout the Middle Ages and into the Renaissance, deeply influencing European thought and culture. The Hindu and Japanese also had essentially the same five elements: the four states-of-matter, plus a fifth element to describe that which was beyond the material world (non-matter). The concept was widely disseminated in India and China, where it forms the basis of both Buddhism and Hinduism, particularly in an esoteric context.


unquote


'and "idea"' ...well...that's something...a fifth element...brb...well...I started looking at what the Old Chinese did with these things!..and it is way too much!...


I think I'll just make that log one of my stops on the walkabouts...and have a seat!


But what I see is that flowers, plants in general have five fold, and less commonly six fold, symmetry...so five fold I consider the symmetry of life...flowers..six fold of water...snowflakes...I'm taken by the Dogwoods here...the bract flowers have six fold...


quote



"but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."
John 4:14

a bit from the search...




brb...here's a site with tiny print!


ancient ceremonies!...free masonrey on now on Nat Geo...the lure..allure..is the secrecy...
The Escher pic is from looking up hyperbolic geometry...which I cant follow at all!...
I'm just looking for that pine's six petaled flower pattern...it almost looked like marque work...
a youTube bit!
Well..I suppose loggers see this patterm often...cant say that I've ever seen it before, on a stump or log or any pine...but it says to me that the pine has a six fold symmetry...I'll look again...sometime!
DavidDavid



No comments: