Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Traduced


PBS pledge drive on...oldies...Stand by Me...on another channel...earlier Drew...then Save the Children...then Acne infomercial...which seemed to have same gloomy soundtrack!...I was eating day old chocolate croissants...they were for tomorrow...as I want to get up early for a long walkabout...the weather is gorgeous...I dont understand Africa...why it is so impoverished...and beset with diseases and AIDs...starving children shouldn't be happening anywhere...I thought here to say..."I could financially emolliate myself and send Africa all my money!"...and the word emolliate isn't one I use...and I tried to look it up...to soften...make feminine...oh..that word has more definitions than that!...I was thinking of the one that means to burn up...what's that one?... brb...immolate...that's the word I wanted!...Letterman is on...




Wallace used that word...traduced...seems like something between seduced and brain washed!...brb..."speak unfavorable about"...that's not the meaning I took it to be!...lemeget the quote again...brb...Letterman is off...Leno is on...




quote




In 1950, when North Korea invaded South Korea, Wallace broke with the Progressives and backed the U.S. led war effort in the Korean War.[1] In 1952, Wallace published Where I Was Wrong, in which he explained that his seemingly-trusting stance toward the Soviet Union and Stalin stemmed from inadequate information about Stalin's excesses and that he, too, now considered himself an anti-Communist. He wrote various letters to "people who he thought had traduced him" and advocated the re-election of President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1956.[1]




unquote




Oh...I mistook the meaning all together...he wrote letters to people who had disparaged him...but "a trusting stance... from inadequate information" is what I thought traduced was refering too!...and too bad!...that needs a word!...maybe I can find one...brb...well...I looked up the synonyms for deceive...these words are tricky to spell...and the the one that probably fits the best is "dupe"...which has the connotation of being deliberately misinformed...given inadequate information...


which is why I suppose all the talking heads are out to "scrutinize" Obama...comedy show last night highlighted this with clips of all of them saying "scrutinize"....it was a sidebyside!...and curious...sometime this kinda suddenly coincidental pursuit, or word..shows up in the google groups...suspicious really!...Leno is off...Letterman is on...after the commercial!...what do ads do?...



inveigle (v)
Synonyms: entice, persuade, trick, deceive, charm, con, cajole, wheedle, influence, convince, beguile, allure, seduce


well...it's..Letterman is off...Nat Geo. on...some story on Jesus..."Do not cling to me..."...Mary Magdeline and Jesus...oh..it's De Vinci code stuff...


Seduce!...the politicians are just seducing us...and the political systems!


Thank God for the story of Jesus!


DavidDavid

Tree in the Door

No comments: