Monday, June 4, 2007

Atreus


"Nor Atreus his nefarious feast prepare"


Medea and Cadmus I sorta knew, but Atreus I googled up..and found this at the wiki site...


quote


Atreus retook the throne using advice he received from Hermes. Thyestes agreed to give the kingdom back when the sun moved backwards in the sky, a feat that Zeus accomplished. Atreus retook the throne and banished Thyestes.


unquote


And the other thing that's caught my eye is the Atreidae, descendents from the Trojans I think.


I've been wondering about the Trojan diaspora after the Fall of Troy...


Tomorrow...


Pic is a little bird up in Tuolumne.
"nor Progne wing the air"
Progne is alternate spelling of Procne or Prokne, the latter being easier to google!!
DavidDavid
Tree in the Door
June 4, 2007

No comments: