Thursday, June 21, 2007

Jerusalem

Well, I missed the solstice...usually I get out at Sunrise and take some pics. Across the creek onetime were a gaggle of photogs focused on Half Dome...from Glacier Point it is spectacular.

I thought to illustrate the post with a pic of Stonehenge...Turner's is okay, but Blake has one in his Prophetic Book Jerusalem. I cant say I've swum even a stroke in his prophetic books!! But I snagged a pic, after much looking!!.

Now, Blake thought Stonehenge was Jerusalem related, and some think it is Troy related, and to my delight I find again another thought I had is not new...the thought being that Troy and Jerusalem are related.

Blake's poem Jerusalem..

Jerusalem

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England’s mountains green?
And was the holy lamb of God
On England’s pleasant pastures seen?
And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic Mills?
Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of Desire;
Bring me my Spear; O clouds unfold!
Bring me my Chariot of Fire!
I will not cease from Mental Fight
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem In England’s green and pleasant Land.






DavidDavid
Tree in the Door
June 21, 2007

No comments: