Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Courtesans


Documentary on about Patagonia on PBS when I came home...clip of Hawk that looked a bit like Coop!...flipped through news crimes shows and movies and the debate from Reagan Library...McCain looks like the Cat!...for the Republicans....



Laptop is lagging when I turn it on...it doesn't turn on!...so I keep my fingers crossed...



Goldman Sachs acquired some wild land down there....brb...Wildlife Conservation Society....and the story...





Well...I took some time to find out how this land deal happened...but it doesn't shout out just...what happened!...mmm...



From a discussion at break I googled up Dangerous Beauty and the tale of courtesan Veronica Franco...this all from wondering if Geishas were courtesans!...and I threw in Justinian's wife...who I must remember here with a google!...brb....Theodora!...site credits her with putting some backbone in Justinian..who instead of fleeing stayed and suppressed the Blues and Greens war...now...were Geishas courtesans???brb...no...a very speciealized courtesan!!...



quote



In a social style that is uniquely Japanese, men are amused by the illusion of that which is never to be.



unquote

DavidDavid
Tree in the Door

No comments: