Monday, August 13, 2007

One Day

I collected butterflies when I was a kid, and I always wanted to capture one of these big moths. The shadow is a tourist sitting on the nearby bench.

I've been thinking on what all can be done in one day, and since today has been kindofa wash, plans for Tuolumne scraped just from being plane worn out, I would have to point to today's effort as this pic!

Any long time effort narrows down to one day, and the moments of that day. And if you look at these moments it's hard to figure how they fit into a long time effort.

Like when I was learning to play the trumpet...one day's practice can just seem futile.

I dont know what's happened to the ceiling music at work. Home on the range to violins. And Amparita Roca, my festival, and many others, solo piece at Festival. And Strangers in Paradise. Sheesh. Soothing though...Trumpeter's Lullaby by Leroy Anderson, not Amparita Roca, and we did it as a trio I think. What a fine old memory web search that was!!

I set aside the trumpet on high school graduation...commencement last time I sat with the band. Imagine the racket I'd make here if I picked it up again!!

A full blown orchestra playing in the valley would be very cool.

Ferguson show his clip with Merv Griffen...the scottish kilt story. :)

DavidDavid
Tree in the Door
August 13, 2007

No comments: