Sunday, August 26, 2007

Warlords of Atlantis


Doug McClure stars in this old sci fi fantasy film, Warlords of Atlantis, and I keep coming back to it. I've posted about it both in jfk and the Panay weblog (and even back on old GEnie!).

There's a scene in it where the villains explain human history to the hero, McClure, and watching the Time Machine last night reminded me of the Warlords when the villain was explaining the history of the human race, which reminded me of the Matrix trilogy when the villain is explaining to the hero the history of the human race, which reminded me of the Dr. Who episode (see previous post here) explains to the hero the history of the human race, which reminds me of Walter Pidgeon in Forbidden Planet explaining the history of the Bellerophon, which reminds me of James Mason in 20,000 Leagues to the Sea explaining to the heroes his personal tragedy...I could go on...Obiwankinobe explaining to Luke the clone wars, and I dont recall where but somewhere in the Terminator films there's an explanation.

Clearly plots have these set scenes where everything is explained, and Hollywood reuses over and over a short list of plots...

This has set me off in the paranoid realm of thinking the Hollywood scriptwriters are a conspiracy...and I've given it the general rubric of "Hollywood's Metaphysics".

I thought to find the scripts, cut and paste these sections here...it would be an interesting side by side!

For another time...

Oh, the villain explaining Conan's history to Conan/Arnold in Conan the Barbarian. I think I just read Oliver Stone had a hand in that script.

It's a strange business. I know flesh and blood makes these movies, but once made, they take on the character of prophecy from the piping oracle.

Warlord's is sold from sites in UK, but I can't find it anywhere in the states!!

McClure made a bunch of these adventures.

Blue Ocean is on...it was Patton, LAInk, or Blue Ocean....I dont get a sports channel, not even Fox, so no Raider's football.

I have no idea what George C. Scott was trying to explain...or the imaginative mind's of Hollywood.

Dumbo octopus...how neat.

I'm a little envious of these guys...but I dont know if filming this and that all over...well, it's touristy...it's Thursday it must be Belgium...and I'd do something with the narration...use poems or songs or something...and trash the soundtrack...they're all kindof trapped into making them into music videos about how things eat one another.

Sheesh, Dante, the fumerals again!!

DavidDavid
Tree in the Door
August 24, 2007

No comments: