Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ice Whales

Pic from google search: beluga
Site I snagged it from credits Seaworld 2002
http://www.chemgapedia.de/vsengine/vlu/vsc/en/ch/16/uc/vlus/stlawrence.vlu/Page/vsc/en/ch/16/uc/pollution/casestudies/stlawrence/stlawbeluga.vscml.html

I strained my back a little, and my right ankle too, and it's really really warm. Just hung out in my cabin, and for the next couple days too.

An older couple asked where the Falls were, this by the Visitor Center, and they were looking right at them...they're gone, I had to point out, until next May. I tried to cheer them up, and they were grateful for the conversation.

Tale of the Ice Whales on National Geographic. Very "cool" story. It took altruistic concern to save the whales, and still does, and it's the selfsame thing we all need!!

I've been called sentimental...to love whales and such.

DavidDavid
Tree in the Door
July 16, 2007

No comments: