Friday, July 20, 2007

Trash

On my photo walks along the creek, I keep meaning to take a plastic trash bag along. Today, after seeing this, I went back and got one. There wasn't much but over the weeks, I was becoming familiar where each little bit was resting. I gathered up maybe a quarter of a bag. Most people in the park pick up their trash, but there are always a few who don't care.

Spielberg's movie AI was on, and I wasn't paying attention, busy with hiking trip packing and planning, but it repeated, and the second time I've watched it through.

The Terminator films were about the "rise of the machines" and AI is another take, more Asimov and I Robot.

It's a bit solemn. And about illusion and reality.

I'm finding I shy away from people who cant plan and stick to it, which is a lot of people!! Thinking about my hike tomorrow I am here. Three days in the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne. My ankle has healed, but it's still a little sore, and I'm favoring it. A concern that walking on it will make my knee get sore with the miles I'll travel.

A deer mouse shares my cabin.

Then Starship Troopers comes on...

DavidDavid
Tree in the Door
July 18, 2007

No comments: