Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Bullet? Arrow?


Oh, The Searchers is on...John Wayne back to back...earlier I think it was Rio Bravo...

A tiger has gotten out of the cage in the San Francisco Zoo...killed one...mauled another two...and was shot while on top of one victim...somewhat fantastic story!

Now, the other night I went across the road to get a snack from the snack machine...and the cold must be messing with the mechanism as a bag of chips was only half out of it's slot...this is the sort of machine that worm screws the snack outwards and they fall down to the tray at the bottom with the long door...this is the kind of machine that has been known to topple over on those trying to tilt it to make a stuck snack fall!...I looked at the potato chip bag and guessed if I got my snack...chocolate chips...it would fall on the chips...and..I'd get two for one!....so in went the coins...and poked the selection F1..and watched...whirrr whiirrr...the cookies fell on the chips...and both were stuck..."I'm gonna have to try for a higher up snack!" I thought...and went for pop tarts...B1...whirrr whirrr...now I had three stuck snacks just one row from the tray!....oh, I thought..."God didn't make us stupid...just to deal with stupid things!"...and tried the pop tarp B1...again whirrr whirrr...in the cold in the dark shod with my flip flops I'm watching this...all four finally fell into the tray..and with some prying...as they all blocked the door!...and with an end to my expletives... I paddled back to my cabin with a four night supply of snacks!!...thinking about it makes me want to paddle out and get some cookies!...be my luck the Mountain Lion is about...I'm pretty sure that was the snarl I heard that one night...the sighting over at the Wreckage suggest there is one in the neighborhood!...

High Plains Drifter is on now...I dont know if The Searchers is all it's said to be cracked up to be...or if it's just another stupid cowboy flick...stupid in their depiction of the Indians...and the usual assortment of character townsfolk!...Mos is a wonderful character!

Afghans have been compared to Comanches...letmesee if I can find that...brb...

Compared to Apaches too...and the search is messed up because we've nicknamed our helicopters...Apaches and Comanches!...go figure...but it was the Afghans in the mountains...their style of dress...and endurance in harsh conditions...that I was thinking of...and this was written about in the war with the Soviet Union...

Something unexpected in the search is that wikipedia does news...and has the story of Operation Snake Pit...Battle of Musa Qala....I dont follow the battle news...but this one was in early December of this year.

I've been meaning to go to amazon and get a dvd of Bringing Up Baby.

quote

"The love impulse in man," says a psychiatrist in Bringing Up Baby, "frequently reveals itself in terms of conflict."

unquote



DavidDavid
Tree in the Door

No comments: