Monday, December 17, 2007

The Frog in the Water


I was thinking about this maybe a week ago...after reading Opus....the comic script...it did a bit where the kid goes off on how something needs to be done...comparing everyone to the Frog Anecdote....a frog put in hot water will hop out...a frog in cold water that is heated wont...it'll broil!!....maybe I can find that one...but I just heard the anecdote...the movie Dante's Peak is on..Bosman explains it, then is trying to get everyone to hop out of town....WE SHOULD BE JUMPING!! opus 12/2/o7


sigh


I find blogs I like...one was so cheerful it was painful...had a neat Dickens quote...lemesee if I can it...brb


quote

I feel an earnest and humble desire, and shall till I die, to increase the stock of harmless cheerfulness. - Charles Dickens

unquote


And last night I found a site using the same template like mine here in Blogger...and the fellow has pics and words of his walkabouts in WI...mostly bird pics...and..with some envy...I see he uses a digiscope...oh...to root a tooth or digicscope!....


Oh...they're in the sinking boat...this is the worst....grandma didn't hop out soon enough...


108


When I was doing the Panay weblog I came across an Old China story of 1o8 thieves...and too that a baseball has 108 stitches...lemego get that!...brb...


hmm...I'd forgotten this..just remembered the thieves and baseball..."sometime" I'll have to do the "calendar" post...

quoteme

Well, the only thing I can figure is the pentagon, the angle of the legs of a five pointed star is 108. Five fold symmetry is the symmetry of life. What molecule or element has a pentagonal symmetry?

end quote


Let me check that angle!


oh, and this...I've had the "stitches" notion awhile...


quoteme

Bond angles are nature's rules, the way she stitches things together

end quote


It is 108...I scare myself sometimes!!..I could add this to wiki!!...as that's what got me thinking about 108 again...going through the numbers last night I was impressed with wikipedia entries...and there's a lot of websites too...numerology has a lot of neat things...and awful stuff too!...but I googled 108 and looked at wikipedies entry..and it has a lot of "side by sides"...different examples of 108...and this one caught my eye!...


well, no, they have mine!!

quote

In normal space, the interior angles of an equilateral pentagon measure 108 degrees each.

unquote

but here's the one I liked...

quote

Hindu Kshatriya Dhangars have 108 clans. The lineage of these clans is from solar and lunar dynasties. It should be noted that the diameter of the Sun is 108 times the diameter of the Earth. The distance from the Sun to the Earth is 108 times the diameter of the Sun. The average distance of the Moon from the Earth is 108 times the diameter of the Moon.

unquote


Well enough with the numbers...wiki has them covered...but if there is a universal all encompassing language...and languageNation...it's mathematics.


MENE, MENE, TEKEL, PARSIN


One would hope, in the end, to weigh just a little bit...say the Feather of Matt!


But that famous writing on the wall has a kinda overtone of mathematics...pronouncing their prominence...


wait...wiki has a little poem with it's bit...


The Run Upon The Bankers

by Jonathan Swift:
A baited banker thus desponds,

From his own hand foresees his fall,

They have his soul, who have his bonds;

'Tis like the writing on the wall.


unquote


That's grim...stock prices are falling!


But I had this notion that it went...number number all is number...and I'm not sure where I got that! I might have made it up...but I saw in it this notion of the underpinings of everything being mathematical..like the computers with their Os and 1s and programs...


I'll explore this some more...sometime!
DavidDavid
Tree in the Door



No comments: