Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Yangtze Turtles


Well, I lay back on the gravel bank of the Merced with my head resting on a log gazing up at Sentinel and thought about the Yangtze Turtles...in today's news...I thought a lot before about the Yangtze Baiji Dolphins...I've thought a lot about the Yangtze Patrol too...and all that happened in Old China...

Turtles to the Chinese are really really sacred...and apparently these two, a male and female in separate zoos...have survived for eighty and a hundred years...that's a lot of China history!

And they're the last of their species... a "species" might be thought of as a Nation (actually, a languageNation, a post to come...LanguageNations)

A lot of what we do isn't about our individual salvation but rather our Nations, or People as in the ancient Israelites...a lot of what is layed down in the Bible has two purposes....individual salvation...or right behaviour...and salvation of the Faith and Nation. I was thinking about that a few days ago...and now this turtle story comes along.

And another postapocolyptic movie.is coming..actually a third or fourth remake of this postapocolyptic movie...it's about the the postapocolypse!.....it's a word like one of those Aztce gods and bears repeating just for it's sound!!...anyway...Will Smith is going to star in I Am Legend...and he's the last survivor of a plague...and is surrounded by flesh eating mutants...more Morlocks!!...I think Charelton Heston went through this in other movie..

And it's produced by Arnold...

The Israelites went through several exiles...Egypt, Babylon, and Rome's conquest...I tried to nail down in discussion if all the Israelites left the Holy Land during these times...and I haven't got that straight...but the interest here is how the Israelites kept their Faith and Nation in exile...they were a Nation without a geography...no homeland.

This all ties together, but will take some doing to do!!...Tomorrow, the synagogue on Delos.

Yosemite has a sister National Park in China...lemgolookforthat...brb...

The Chef show is on...they just got a whole new kitchen full of appliances...seems every other word is a bleep!!

Here's a link to the Parks story...

http://www.nps.gov/archive/yose/news/2006/huan0515.htm

This happened in 2006...I saw a commerative vase in the Vistor Center today....brb....pic is by Shitao...I think...I snagged it from wikipedia...
In reading about Shitao I found he early on did things approaching modern abstract painting....and I was thinking on this too at the gravel bank...looking at the reflection of Aspens in the slightly wind disturbed surface of the Merced...Nature has been doing ''abstract" and "impressionistic" painting in water reflections all along!!
DavidDavid
Tree in the Door

No comments: