Friday, September 14, 2007

There's Two Stories...


Jericho was on when I came on...I can't follow it...more everyone being made tough...I swear, if I ever happen upon some "tough" guy tormenting a squirrel, or any of the critters, I'll toughen up my own self.

Anyway, I was thinking on Grave's "To Juan at the Winter Solstice" and that opening..

There is one story, and one story only...

The one story of course is romance, but actually it's two, insomuch romantic competition is, well, it's everywhere. The eternal triangle and all.

So I thought maybe the opening should be...

There are two stories, and two stories always...

There's the suitors story and his rival's.

I was going to rework the whole poem!, as the notion is easy to follow through...

Hero and Villain movies use the "theme" all the time.

Jelly Bellies, Peeps and Twinkies on National Geographic...and now children raised by animals like Romulus and Remus...hmm...they might be a good example of the rivals...I'll go see what Graves has to say...
Well, I can't find it, but found stuff for a Comparitive Mythology post I've had in mind...
Meanwhile, a recollection of Cassablanca...
from song As Time Goes By
It's still the same old story
A fight for love and glory
A case of do or die.
The world will always welcome lovers
As time goes by.
Oh yes, the world will always welcome lovers As time goes by.
unquote
DavidDavid
Tree in the Door
September 14, 2007

No comments: